Thursday, September 11, 2014

Week Three: Watching Tower Garden Grow


Week Three Tower Garden
      I get to make a salad today! It is amazing how much the Tower Garden has grown in just three short weeks. I think I have already said this but "This is the easiest garden I have ever had."
      The only chores this week, other than watching the garden grow, is checking the water. Today, I  opened the fill plate  to check the water level and it was fine. I also took a small sample of the water out and checked the PH, which was still holding somewhere between 6.0 and 6.5.
     The weather has turned cooler this week so if it stays cooler, I will be changing the settings on the water pump timer to only run once every thirty minutes instead of every fifteen minutes. That is as simple as moving a few slide settings on the timer that the tower garden is plugged into.
   

 

PH about 6.3

  Tower Garden Chores

  1. Listen for the water pump to make sure the pods are getting moisture (daily)
  2. Check the Water Level once a week (twice a week if really hot outside)
  3. Check PH once a week  (add PH Up or Down, if necessary)
  4. Top off the water level when necessary (Add nutrients whenever you add water)
   "This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how." Mark 4:26-27 

  

   Garden Chores You Won't Be Doing

  1. Tilling the soil
  2. Weeding
  3. Watering
  4. Checking for soil borne diseases and pests
  5. Spraying your plants with ---cides: insecticides, pesticides, herbicides, etc. 
      While most backyard gardens are nearing the end of their growing season, it's almost time to move our Tower Garden indoors for the winter. Now is a great time to get  your Tower Garden setup and get your indoor Winter Garden growing. You can successfully grow lettuce, spinach, kale, broccoli, and cauliflower indoors under grow lights in your tower garden.
     If you have been watching my Tower Garden grow and would like to find out more about how you can get into Tower Gardening yourself, please check out my website at http://kbrixey.towergarden.com
   I'll be blogging more about the winter garden in a few weeks. So keep reading and let me know if you have any questions, I would love to share with you all the great things I am learning about the Tower Garden.
 

   Grow Your Own Vegetables, Fruits, Herbs, and Flowers!!!!











 

No comments:

Post a Comment